Ecu Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88lsCRXsi

need help
ok i recently put a 90 b18a1 in my 88 crx si. i used all integra parts except the engine harness including the computer(pr4). now im pulling code 17. if im right code 17 is the speed sensor. i didnt think pre obd ecus had speed sensors or just that year integras. if they do have one where are they located at or how can i fix this problem?? the tranny has 2 lines coming out of it but i thought they were like the steering help crap stuff or something. i dont know but some help would do wonders. i hate that BRIGHT YELLOW CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
but besides the code its pretty fast and runs good

88-98 88-98 97-98 88-91 93-97 95-97 88-98
VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

This is from the articles section concerning what it is,as far as fixing it,you'd do best to get the sevice manual and troubleshoot it to find the real problem.Sorry I don't have more for ya.

The speed sensor is in the cluster on OBD-0 cars. so I would check your cluster or your speedo cable.

I hope this helps

the vss is located in the instrument cluster. if your speedometer isnt hooked up it will throw that code. had a 90 ex with the same prob. speed cable broke light came on. try a different gauge cluster

Hey man, ya i know the problem, as everyone said its the speedo cable. I had the exact same code / problem with engine light in my 90CRX Si with 90 B18a, The speedo cable is either not pushed far enough into the top of the tranny, your cable is not correctly put into the back of the cluster, or like me, u broke the needle coming out of the end of the speedo and u gotta get a new 1. check all 3 of these, and if they are all fine then i dunno.

well im kinda confused because my speedo works fine. its pluged in the tranny right. the only thing i can think of it the speed sensor in the cluster is diff. dont really know but if anyone has had this prob please help

and thanx for the info so far :worthy:

try to resert the ecu, and if it still comes up it might by the dist. sending out a wrong voltage or liek sleeper said u need to push down the speedo cable more

Back