ecu codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ivanB16

im getting codes 08 & 15 from my car, and code 08 means something about the TDC sensor mafunctioning or unplugged, but where is the TDC sensor in my engine(B16a3)???

So, if i change to a MSD external coil set up that would solve my problem, if it is the distributor, right? :ph34r:

No, the external coil will not solve the problem, neither will the ignition box. The TDC sensor is located in the distributor and is connected directly to the ecu. I have both of the MSD setups, none of them have any wiring or wires spliced for TDC sensing to the ecu.

2 choices, repair or replace.

but,when you put a external coil (MSD)set up you just rip of everything insi the distriutor , well i thinked that, im i wrong?

You are wrong.

The TDC sensor is part of the distributor. You can only fix this by replacing or rebuilding the whole distributor. The coil is internal, but seperate from the distributor.

you are however lucky that the sensors are pretty universal. Any distrib of a similar generation is definately fair game. I've done some swaps between generations but its not a good idea if you're trying to troubleshoot.

You will need a torx bit screwdriver with the recessed "security" tip. I want to say its a T12 but its been a while since I've rebuilt a distrib.

Back