ECU compatible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
Will a chipped P05 tuned with Chrome work in an EF with a B20? I tried researching it, but got no results from it...

A chipped ecu can run anything, given that it was chipped for that particular engine.

You'll need a chip that was burned for a b20, then you'll need to retune it, because everyone's setup is different.

I can retune it to the base B20 maps, that isn't the issue. Just seemed like everyone was all about the P28, so I never really saw anything about the P05.

The guy has the P05, conversion harness, and OBD1 dizzy from an Integra for $200...Didn't want to spend the money if it wasn't going to be the correct approach...

Everyone likes the p28 because it doesn't have the knock sensor portion, and they're pretty plentiful. The doesn't have the standard VTEC connections, so if you ever converto to vtec, you'll need to wire up a solenoid via some other output.

Yes, the p05 will work fine for your application. Just ensure that the conversion harness will work in your application.

to the best of my knowledge, the only difference is the 4 wire O2 instead of the 2 wire...but I could be wrong..

Thanks man

Back