ecu connectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20crx

I really try not to ask questions unless I'm sure they have not already been posted but I have been looking for like 3 nights and haven't found this yet so I figured I'd ask. I am swapping a z6 into a crx dx but of course the connectors for the ecu's do not match. I would think it was a given that I would need the connector out of the del sol I got the p28 out of, but is this what I need to do then either splice or re pin the connecter? I am going to start my conversion harness with the dpfi to mpfi conversion, but I need to know how to get it to the ecu. Any info would help guys. I'm building my own harness and just kinda using common sense to do so.

they make aftermarket jumpers...that go from the obdo plugs to the obd1 plugs. i did the z6 swap into my ef and ordered mine from rywire.com

What chassis? What motor? What obd spec do you want to be?

I'll guess OBD1.

If your making your own harness, just go find any OBD1 honda and cut off the plugs to the ecu. You can be very careful and reuse the old pins, but re-pin the connectors to look correct. Or just solder it up with the wire coming from the pins.

Common sense will get you far, but take your time and double check all connections. There are some wires the ECU will want from the dash harness/chassis harness. Make sure you understand all the circuits you need to be making before just putting wires together. I could possibly send you diagrams, but a combo of honda diagrams and haynes manual diagrams did the trick for me.

very helpful guys. thanks. yblegal, that's the way I want to go. I've got an 89 dx ef and am putting in a d16z6 and the plan is to go obd1. I just didn't want to buy the jumper harness. But i'll have to weigh the cost and amount of work to make a final decision. Thanks guys.

well, it's like you said earlier, it's common sense and being careful with matching up connections. all the conversion harness does is route power from one point to another. I'm just going to splice in the obd1 plug in. I've done stuff like this before, it's just my first honda so I'm still getting used to it. I think I got it now.

I was going to do that too to save money, I didn't think I knew enough to get it correct but now after knowing more I regret buying a conversion harness, well sort of. It's a toss up.:)

Back