Ecu Dilemma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wuz lookin around on tha net ..... found a spot www.projectimport.com ...... i noticed that for the P28 ECU (in my stock 95 EX coupe) ...... i wuz gonna send in my ECU to get prog'd to mugen spec w/tha DOHC setup ..... tha redline is moved to 10grand, type R fuel curve (all tha werxz) ...... u think i shud go with it ...... since wiring harnesses can be made like if i went b16 (obd-2) (preferribly 99-00 SI) mainly cuz of lower mileage on tha motor ..... anyone kno places that can do the harness setup so i can still hav my P28 ECU on a b16 (99-00 SI) :spin:

moving to ECUs:

i'm confused by what you asked... you're putting a b16a2 into your 95 EX??

you can keep your p28, and convert it to DOHC specs, but that would be a waste of money and slow you down. you should go buy a hondata system www.hondata.com

check out this link:

https://hondaswap.com/~pills/chet_ecu.html

also, i would consider getting a sir II b16... you'd have to convert the obd2 one to obd1 anyways

Originally posted by snowboarderguy44@May 11 2003, 10:44 PM
i wuz lookin around on tha net ..... found a spot www.projectimport.com ...... i noticed that for the P28 ECU (in my stock 95 EX coupe) ...... i wuz gonna send in my ECU to get prog'd to mugen spec w/tha DOHC setup ..... tha redline is moved to 10grand, type R fuel curve (all tha werxz) ...... u think i shud go with it ...... since wiring harnesses can be made like if i went b16 (obd-2) (preferribly 99-00 SI) mainly cuz of lower mileage on tha motor ..... anyone kno places that can do the harness setup so i can still hav my P28 ECU on a b16 (99-00 SI) :spin:

Just a few comments.

1- You can use a 99-00 B16A from the civic in your 92-95 Civic without having to go OBD2b for your ecu.

2- Why would you want a 10000 redline? Do you have the internal parts that would hold such a RPM level?

Pills and I will always disagree about hondata, but hey, it's your money.

I would suggest just having your P28 converted to B16A specs, and call it a day. I charge $125 to do this service, and I have stock P30 (B16) chips that do not look for the knock sensor (your P28 doesn't have one).

hahaha i love me my hondata :)

but if you are just looking for something to convert it.. i'd definatley say use "allmotormonster" the stock p30 maps would be great

i agree about the 10k rev limit.. i forgot to mention that above.

yea........srry bout that........ i meant goin b16 outta 99-00SI ....... but keepin my P28 ECU since its easier programming........ i kno places that make harness jumpers to keep the OBD1 settings on a OBD2 motor.... the internals will be costly ....... gettin the crank diamond balanced ...... wiseco pistons, eagle rods, skunk2 stage 2 intake & stage 1 exhaust camshafts, edelbrock intake mani , wit 70mm bored t.b., r.c. engineering 330cc injectors, prodrive oil gear, skunk2 complete race valve train (using only the skukn2 intake valve springs, moving stock intake springs to exhaust, since they are stiffer than stock) ......... im opeing to suggestions or comments as to wut else i shud upgrade, or at least rebuild

diamond balanced means they use a drill covered in diamond dust to cut it, diamond drills dont leave metal deposits and also think about it exhaust cams arent as essential as intake, the overlap is a bit greater, but the compression is very crisp. if i went stage 2 intake and exhaust, i wud have to mid/high rev it in order to drive it stoopid. setting it off like that makes it more streetable. plus the motor will have more longevity

Back