ECU Error Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PimpD

I have a 97 GSR which I bought at the auction which would explain why I am having problems. But I can not complain because the car already came with what I wanted. My ECU is saying that I have a Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input Error, Air Intake Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input Error, both o2 sensors (not a big deal because I do not have them hooked up), Crankshaft Flucuation Sensor No Signal. The last one is self explainitory and I am not worried about. Though the two first sensors I do not understand. What is a high input error? My car does not seem to be running hot or anything like that. Though where my ECU is the some wires have been cut and soldered back together but I am getting power from the wires.. Could it be that some of the soldered wires are connected but just not connected good enough for the computer to read the sensors? I have tried to replace one of the sensors just to see if it was the sensors or not and I still got the errors. If anyone could give me any suggestions please feel free. Also when I hook up my primary o2 sensor the car runs like shit! When I down shift the car putters and when it idles it putters. You can hear it more then feel it. Does anyone know what that could be about.. Also I have a Type-R Tanny for the car any reconmondations on what type of clutch and fly-wheel I should install? Also will my GSR CV-Joints fit the Type-R Tranny or should I get Type-r cv-joints?

thanks

it sounds like you have a wiring mess on your hands.

when you plug in the o2 sensor, it goes off of closed loop and into open loop, thus getting its data from the sensor, and not its default program that is built in. if these wires are fucked, it will throw off the whole car.

I say take a couple hours, and verify EACH of the following connections for obd2a with the right wire color: https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=58

Back