ECU Failer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quiltyw

Hi every body I have a Stock P06 Auto ECU out of a 92 LX civic. It doesn't work. Is there any way in which I can fix the thing? IE Rechip it or somthing??

Wally

I am not sure... All I know is that it isn't working... It is taking power in but not sending anything out.

There is no spark, No fuel.

Wally

is there a cel when you turn the key in the 'acc' position? have you checked all of your fuses, mainly ign.?

back up fuse
ECU fuse

Did you actually check to see if it was getting power? How did you check it and where?

Just get another ecu if you know it's getting power and you checked all fuses and wiring, they are a dime a dozen.

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 26 2005, 12:01 PM
Time to spend 100$ and replace the ECU :( :( :I
[post=451617]Quoted post[/post]​

good advice <_<

I did check all the fuses there all OK. I know it's getting power because I checked it right at the ECU. I replaced the ECU and the car started right up... So. My question remains is there any way to fix it... so I can sell it ie rechip it etc... ??

It is hard to fix when you have no idea what is wrong with it. Try a known-good ECU and go from there.

Great advice.. buy another

But, you really don't know what's wrong do you?

So now you got 2 ecu's, and no running car....

Got to love the members here and their stellar advice.

Go with what NFN said. BORROW a known good ECU and make sure it's the ECU that's bad and not the igniter circuit or main relay.

Being serious people, if you can't help, or you don't know HOW to help, shut the hell up.

Originally posted by quiltyw@Jan 26 2005, 07:03 PM
I did check all the fuses there all OK. I know it's getting power because I checked it right at the ECU. I replaced the ECU and the car started right up... So. My question remains is there any way to fix it... so I can sell it ie rechip it etc... ??
[post=451806]Quoted post[/post]​

since no one noticed that you've already swapped ecus and got a running car my advice would be to EgAY it as is but state the known issue and take what you get out of it or toss it,

But Y did your ecu die should be the more pressing issue.
good luck

Back