1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU for AT to MT converison

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by mjcloud19, Feb 17, 2007.

1. mjcloud19

mjcloud19 New Member

I just have a question about what ecu to use on my 2000 Prelude. I found a MT ecu that came off of a 2001 prelude, does it matter what year the ecu comes off of? Or is it ok as long as its a 5th gen. ecu?

2. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

If your doing a manual conversion, you will need the manual ecu for the same year as your setup if you dont want to invest in a conversion harness or anything like that.

3. mjcloud19

mjcloud19 New Member

I would be putting a 5th gen. ecu in my car. I would need a conversion harness? I dont get that.

4. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

You, would only need a conversion harness if you were wanting to use a older obd1 ecu. Sorry about the confusion, as long as you are using a obd2 ecu you will have no problem. Some people like to use the jumper harness and older ecu because they can be chipped for tuning purposes and such. I hope that clears that up.;)

5. mjcloud19

mjcloud19 New Member

Yea it does, you had me confused man. Its all good though, thanks for the info.!:thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted