ECU for F22B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleas63

Just finished a motor swap and having trouble getting the new to run correctly. Have a 92 Accord 2.2 DX that I just dropped a JDM F22B DOHC motor into. Everything seems to be installed ok but the engine runs rough with blk exhaust. The guy that I bought the motor from said the existing ECU would work fine but doing some reading it sounds like it needs to be reprogramed for the F22B.

Can anyone confirm this? Can a dealer reprogram the ECU for the new motor?

Also read about just changing the chip, is this doable and where can I get a chip?

This is no racecar just a wife's street car. The cars been out of commision for 4 weeks now and I need to get it going. Help.

Find a p14 Prelude h23 ecu. $50 max.
If that doesn't help you, the engine may have some issues or something else you didn't do during the swap.

i put that same motor in my wifes accord..hers is a 94 tho so its obd1. i had the stock p39 in it but it took a dump. So i got a p06 ecu, and imported the p30 maps, and added the stock map for the p39...works like a charm

Back