ECU for H22A into EJ Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaborn

I recently had a H22A put into my 93 EX coupe. Car runs fine but the guy that did my swap said I the stock ecu would run but there would be some fuel issues. I am currently using a Automatic P28 jumped for a 5spd. I would like to rechip my p28 to run correct with my motor. Any suggestions on what is the correct ecu to use and who and where can a company rechip it. Thanks.

Quoted post[/post]]
I recently had a H22A put into my 93 EX coupe. Car runs fine but the guy that did my swap said I the stock ecu would run but there would be some fuel issues. I am currently using a Automatic P28 jumped for a 5spd. I would like to rechip my p28 to run correct with my motor. Any suggestions on what is the correct ecu to use and who and where can a company rechip it. Thanks.
The p13 is the correct ecu.
There's a few places that will chip it/socket it (the p28).
Moates.net and xenocron.com

the p28 as far as i know will never control the secondary intake butterflies correctly. it simply doesnt have the compnents in it to open and close the butterflies. either get a p13 or otherwise a p72 they are the only 2 ecu's that will control the butterflies like they should

Quoted post[/post]]
the p28 as far as i know will never control the secondary intake butterflies correctly. it simply doesnt have the compnents in it to open and close the butterflies. either get a p13 or otherwise a p72 they are the only 2 ecu's that will control the butterflies like they should
He's right, which is why i suggested in your other h22 ecu thread that you just get the p13.

the p28/p06/p05/p30 can all be modified to control the itbs. if you're planning on getting it tuned on crome/uberdata/hondata/neptune/whateverdata... don't use the p13. whoever you get to chip your p28 should be able to modify it to control the itbs if they know anything.

Thanks guys. I did notice one thing on my P28. I have a pin thats jump somewhere going behind my dash and I looked it up and I believe it is that secondary butterfly. Im guessing my friend did that so the p28 would temporarily.

If the p13 works fine Im probably gonna try that since Im not running turbo or internals at the moment. I wonder if I need to remove that jumper that was installed for the p28

Back