ecu for ls v-tec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls/vtechatch91

okay... i have a 91 hatch and im doing ls/vtec..... motor is about ready to go in and i wanna know whats the best ecu to go with until i convert to obd-1..... can i just use a pr-4 ecu and run my v-tec with a toggle switch???? will it run okay if i do that.... my fried did a mini me swap in his crx and thats what he did and it ran mint.........

well your friend just thought it ran fine no you cant put a toggle on it and have it run fine you need a vtec ecu because the fuel changes when vtec cuts on,so if your going to put a b16a head on there run a p30 ecu, if its a b18 vtec head run a p72, and last just chip a p28 ecu

well i hate wiresso if i was you unless your good at it i would call rywire and tell them what you wont and they will sell you a harness to plug right up, but after you convert to mpfi, all you have to do is run the vtec wires and pressure switch wires to the proper pinout on the ecu

ok cool.... i hate wiring too but i know some people that will help me with it........... thanks appericate it.... im gonna post some pics up when i get it done

Back