ECU, Good or Bad? How do I tell?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a P28 and the car won't start. I have checked all four grounds and get 0 ohms resistance. I have 11.78v at the Blue/White (D1) and at both Yellow/Black (A25 & B1). As far as I know, this ECU is good. Someone please tell me I have something yet to check.

Don't know yet. I should have been more clear earlier.

I am in the middle of an EF/D16Z6 swap with OBD conversion. I think I have taken the road less traveled in that I am using an entire wiring harness, minus the dash and rear harnesses, and am repinning those connectors so that it will work. I am feeling a write-up approaching...

But I have the PGM-FI troubleshooting flowchart from Honda's website and am going to go through it shortly.

eh, i did the OBD1 harness in my 90 hatch
kind of a pain in the balls if you ask me and not really worth it
its the kinda of thing someone who can't read/doesn't want to add the 6 or 7 wires to their DPFI harness should do

i had to re-wire headlights, taillights, etc,
wiper motor still isn;t wired in my car
lol
the nice things are the cheapness of the harness froma yard, i'm already running OBD1 P28 soon to be socketed for crome, and i like the 92-95 gauge cluster...
but the cluster itself was a pain in the balls too...
along with the CRX si dash conversion

have you gotten to the fuel pump/sending unit yet?
the OBD1 fuel pump plug will plug into the OBD0 sending unit
and i think the fuel pump polarity is reversed, i don't remember exactly how it went but it was an issue

I don't know how many times I have read it here in the last couple of years. Make sure you have an ECU from the same type trans you are goin to use!!!! Guess what... A/T ECU won't work with a manual trans.

Sorry I wasted everyone's time.

Back