1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu help

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by AHHVTEC, Jan 23, 2008.

1. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

im rusty, this is a 92-95 d15b vtec jdm po8 manual tranny ecu right ?? 37820-p08-L00

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

fo sho. D15

something is deffinatly wrong with pgmfi.org's wiki. but regardless. thanks to the awesome power of google, i have this for you.

edit. i had a nice chart of all ecu's but hondaswap is re rendering my table into a nasty paragraph.

here's the snippet for you:
    P08 92-95 OBD-1 Civic D15 JDM

and this:
    How do I identify this ECU?

Every ecu has a sticker on the side with various bits of information. The string we are concerned with is a string that fits this format: LLN-LNN, where L is a letter, and N is a number. The first 3 characters will tell you the ecu family, and the last 3 characters will tell you if the ecu is manual or automatic. Generally, ecu's which are manual will have a range of characters starting with -A00 and going to -A49. Autmatic ecu's will be greater than or equal to -A50.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  3. AHHVTEC

what trowing me off is the last part..L00 i was thinking it needs to say N01...

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

if pgmfi's wiki worked, i know they go more in depth on the last set of letter/numbers. I had to go there to identify my P30-J00 as a JDM ecu.

i guess they're just falling off...
    [​IMG]

:p

5. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

I don't remember what mine said all I remember was checking for the -p08- digits to confirm it was the right one. Are you planning a d15b vtec swap?

6. AHHVTEC

yes for the 3rd time lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted