Ecu help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xtremehawn

i have a 91' civic si with a swapped b16 and i have a short some where... theres a red & black, and a brown & black wire that's hooked up to the ecu... does any one know where they run...

pics would help there are alot of wires that go into the ecu, then we could figure out what pin outs your talking about

there shouldn't be a red and black wire connected to the ECU - at ECU pin A16 there should be a brown wire with a black stripe and at ECU pin A18 there should be a black wire with a red stripe - these wires are right next to each other - they are on the left side of the 'A' connector in the picture below - on the right side of the 'A' connector you will see 2 black wires (with silver dots) at pins A2 and A4 - all of these are ground wires (for ECU, Main Relay, sensors,etc.) and all run out to the engine bay and end up at the ring connector for the ground that connects to the thermostat housing - connector at upper right in the other picture below

OBD0_connA.jpg

siharness6-2.jpg

ok yes the black wire w/ red stripe (A18) & the brown w/ black stripe (A16) does anyone know where they run ??? i gotta find out because those are the only one that are burning my ECU fuse...

Back