ecu help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sickcivic1991

i ve got my swap in and running but i was told that i would need to get a different ecu i now have a p72 jdm i am in the works of getting a p75. would the p75 work on a 94 95 gsr or do i need a usdm p72

the ecu would probably work, but it'd run like crap, vtec won't engage and the secondary butterflies that are in the gsr intake mani (if you're using it) won't open if you don't want the jdm ecu for your gsr, find a p72 usdm ecu

obd1 or obd2 because i have found p72 for both, i got the motor from hmotors online. and im not sure weather its an 94 95 or 96 +

uhh i'd just call rywire then and ask them how they mixed it and what ecu to get

also ive been looking at a p28 ecu with a chip in it do you know if that would work? and how do you tell if a ecu is obd1, and usdm or jdm thanks

well 91 si's were obd-0 i believe, and this is where you run into a problem, gsr's were only made as obd-1's. to save you some hassel, you'll have to get a pr3 ecu (obd-0 integra xsi) that'll work with the engine, but you'll need to get it chipped to run a gsr map and be able to engage the secondary butterflies in the intake mani

i'm assuming you found a chipped p28 ecu on ebay, don't get them they're crap, if you're going to get a chipped ecu get one with a stock map in it, and then get someone who knows what they're doing to tune it to your setup

you'll be able to tell jdm from usdm from the ecu code take a look at this
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-ecu-list-29129/

and for pictures of the connectors
ECU Identification - Team Integra
i didn't read the whole article in the last like, but i didn't see anything about obd-0 ecu's, they have a green and a black plug connector on the ecu itself, so if it doesn't look like either of the two in the link then its obd-0

ok let me ask this when rywire sent back my wires they sent a conversion harness so i could use a obd1 ecu are there any sugesstions you could give me for this or would it be better to talk to the people at rywire and see what they say thanks

suggestions about what? you plug the conversion harness into your already existing harness and plug in a gsr (usdm p72) ecu, it should all plug up

Back