ecu help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JFR32988

i got a p75 ecu from a buddy and i asked him if it was OBD1 or OBD2 and he wasnt sure....how can i tell what it is the numbers say...p75 A03 i belive thats OBD2 can anyone confirm or show a place that says...thanks

the pic your showing is obd2a

This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '96-98 Civic and '96-99 Integra VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
OBD2A PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the onboard (female) connector configuration for an OBD2a ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, C, and D.
The blank connector (B) is only used with civic/integra vehicles equipped with A/T.

plugs.jpg

obd2a.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD2a Civic & Integra Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US OBD2a (96-98) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US OBD2a (96-99) M/T integra ecu's
  • All JDM OBD2a M/T civic ecu's
  • All JDM OBD2a M/T Integra ecu's

Last edited:
p75 was a obd1 ecu but they have them in obd2a and obd2b the best way to tell is look at the plugs and locations and you can tell the difference

sorry kid i pm'd you a bunch of times with a couple answers for you.......
there are a few more thing you need to know about that swap to .......
your harness is obd1 and i dont know everything that's involved with that completely i dont want to lead you dwon the wrong path if you know what i mean repost and say swap help b18 LS and al lot more people on here will help you out ok !!!!

ok to everyon its a 97 b18b engine i have the harness and everything and i have a obd2a p75 comp....its goin into a 93 hatch what elctrical mods shud i need...im hearing many things such as using a obd1 computer and just gettin a harness...but i wanna make sure its right let me know....

ok to everyon its a 97 b18b engine i have the harness and everything and i have a obd2a p75 comp....its goin into a 93 hatch what elctrical mods shud i need...im hearing many things such as using a obd1 computer and just gettin a harness...but i wanna make sure its right let me know....
Get an obd1 p75 and you will not need to do any other modifications. That harness will plug into your car's existing wiring.

Back