ecu I think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys, I want to know what you guys think, My dads car is a 91 mitsubishi mirage (that he..well his girlfriend bought from me) and yesterday it died. granted we were trying to work in the dark and we tried to jump the starter with a piece of metal but we couldn't even find the starter. Then I was thinking that maybe the ecu crapped out because all of the mitsubishi's I have owned (3) all of their ecu's have died and the only reason I think this is because when you turn the key to start it you don't hear the starter click or anything but you do hear the injectors fire and that's all you hear

so let me know what you guys think

thanks

The starter isn't turning over. Now when you said it "died" was she driving the car and it shut off and THEN she couldn't start it? Or did she try to start it and the starter doesn't turn over the engine? If the starter is the only thing not working. I don't believe the signal wire for the starter to turn over runs through the ecu. so check fuses.

Back