1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu, Iac Problems...

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ETINLEMALIN, May 23, 2003.

1. ETINLEMALIN

ETINLEMALIN Junior Member

ok, heres my prob... i have a 97 civic cx (canadian) and wnat to put a d16y8 in...
    i did the wiring, but when i came to the iac, i had a lil' problem... the plug from my car had 3 wires, and on the engine plug, there's 2 :blink:

please i need help!!!!

and, i would like to know where i can find the pin diagram for the ecu

2. honda_mach3

honda_mach3 Senior Member

i think you ground one wire. not so sure.

3. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

okay dude, i just did this swap in a friends car... stock motor was a d16y7 and we put in a d16y8 from a 98 civic ex. also, make sure you swap the two outter wires on the TPS or it wont run right. as far as the IACV is concerned, i honestly forgot how to wire it up, but it wasnt hard and i will post it up tomorrow when i get a chance to look at his car. what ecu are you running?

4. ETINLEMALIN

ETINLEMALIN Junior Member

thanks a lot.... the ecu is form the 98 civic : P2P (C03 or C32, i'll check tonight)

5. Vexamus

Vexamus Member

the 3 wire IAC is ground, signal, and 12v

the 2 wire is ground/signal(combined) and 12v.

You're going to have to switch IAC's unless someone can come up with a different wiring trick... The ECU is expecting different things as far as the IAC's go.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted