ECU identification

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

W Trojanoski

2009-11-13 CRX 003.jpg
I have a CRX with JDM DOHC 1.6L OBD0 setup. I have two ECU's that look unaltered. I cannot find the part numbers anywhere on the web .

37820 PM7 E031

37820 PM7 000

I have not found application info on any sites. I'm guessing the "E" is for European but I can't believe it is the 31st revision level.

The 000 is really strange. And the gum label is not altered.

Any help would be appreciated.

From what I've been able to find, 37820 is Honda's part number for an ECU, PM7 tells you that is an ECU for a JDM DOHC ZC ECU for an 89-91 Civic EF, the E tells you the car was bound for Europe while the first 0 in 000 probably didn't have a destination, the 0 in E031 tells you is a manual ECU and the second 0 in 000 also tells you that one is a manual ECU, finally the 31 tells you it would be the 31st revision of that particular ECU and the last 0 in 000 means that wad the first series of that one hence no revision.

Info is very much appreciated. Every site I had found so far contained the same exact incomplete info that all the sites apparently cut and pasted (literally word for word).

thx

I wouldn't really worry about the revisions just as long as you have the right ECU for your engine or a chipped and tuned ecu.

Back