Ecu info pls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omen666

hi there I'm new to this site and looking for some infor I've a X plate civic with a d series 1.4, I've a b18c4 engine which I'm gunna drop in but I had trouble as the seller ov the conversion sold me the wrong loom n ecu so after a month I got the correct obd2b loom and a p2t ecu, NOW besides the engine I'm planning on turbocharging it I've got all the parts to do it but not sure on what ecu I can use I've been told a socketed ecu is this correct if yes what code is it, also is there a wiring loom fitting guide on here I can read through ?

Cheers Damian

There is no such "harness/loom" code , also you want to run whatever ecu by what obd the engine is set up as , im also gathering from your information youre overseas ? X plate civic ?

Sorry bud, we're mostly US based and we don't understand what X-plates are nor did we ever have a 1.4 engine in any model, so we don't know much about the starting platform.

generally, you need to match the ecu with the electronics on the engine OBD (distributor, injectors, alternator), and any wiring form there is a matter of conversion for plugging it in to the cannon plugs. In most cases, you use your chassis's wiring, and swap plugs and run additional wires where necessary.

There is no such "harness/loom" code , also you want to run whatever ecu by what obd the engine is set up as , im also gathering from your information youre overseas ? X plate civic ?
Yeah sorry it's the yr of the car 2000 in England they sat with a letter for the year of the car, I didn't realise this website is American

No problem but yes as stated above you want to run all the same OBD generation Electronics so I'm assuming it being a 2000 you want to run everything OBD2

Back