ECU Issues: 2000 Civic SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tvctorj

Hey guys! I just joined this forum hoping you guys would know how to help me.

I modded my SI by adding cold air intake, exhaust, new spark plugs (Bosch platinum), plug wires (10mm), Headers (Stainless, 4-1). I did all of this hoping that it would add some power to the car, and it has but, I find that at certain RPM ranges it lost power.

After speaking with a few of my budies they say that I should have upgraded my ECU EPROM chip as well. My questions are:

1) Is there an upgrade?
2) If there is, where can I get one?
3) Brands?
4) Will it help?

Im just hope I haven't messed any thing up or screwed my car up. Also after installing the cold air intake I notice a chirping sound at certain RPM ranges as well. I'm thinking it might be the intake but I dont know.

If you guys can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda a noob at some of these issues, so any help/suggestions would greatly help.

Thanks! :)

Certain mods are going to increase and decrease your power through out.You may lose power at a certain RPM but gain more at a higher/lower RPM.Its most likely not going to have a solid increase up to redline.You may gain it high,low or midrange

Back