ECU Jumper Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chainz

This may come off as a very stupid question to some but I'm fairly new to the "swap" scene and I'm not sure which harness to purchase. I had a 89' Civic Hatch that was already swapped with a B18 when I bought the car, however I have recently got a 93' Civic Hatch and now swapped the motor and now need a ECU jumper.

The best of my ability says the b18 came out of a 92-95 Integra and the ECU is different from my 93' Civic

ECU Models

Civic 1.5 - 37820-P09-A00 / 732-600183 / ATN
My 1.8 ECU - 37820-PR4-A02 / 430-140924 / AC

Any help on this matter would be great

pretty much u need a p74 ecu.. integra ls from a obd1. you cannot use the pr4 is obd0. they do not make a jumper harness that goes from obd1 back to obd0. u also would need to convert the dizzy and various sensors to obd1

So with a p74 ecu it will plug right in on my 93 hatch and my1.8 willbe good? i know about the other sensers as i have already rewired my distributor.

yep should be good after that.. you could possibly try to make your own jumper harness but would be easier to just pick up a different ecu.

Well if i will have to change more stuff for the p74 to work with my injectors then i may try to make my own jumper as cheaper is better

I agree to a degree, but the motor is somewhat built and when it was in my 89 hatch it ran great! I just didnt like the body style so much and the car was fairly butchered suspension wise. Also Im not sure what a "Dizzy" is. But I was able to rewire my MSD Distributor with nothing more than a little time to do it.

On the hand to do it "right" what would be a estimated cost for the ECU, Dizzy, and injectors?

Ive googled p74 ecu and checked around some all i've seen is a clear cover not the ecu itself.

Just seen in another forum that they actually have a pr4 ecu thats obd1 so there's a obd0 pr4 and a obd1 pr4 ecu. the obd1 is from a 92-93 integra from what i read. just need to know if this sounds right and which numbers on the ecu represents the transmission. as it must be manual ecu if im not mistaking?

There is a sensor or two in the obd0 distributors that reads differently from the obd1-2 distributors, the obd1 ecu wont like the obd0 sensor/s

Well i have done rewired my msd dizzy and checked it manually to make sure it fires in proper ordsr and it does

Now back to the ecu, wouldnt it be easier to just get the correct obd1 pr4 ecu. and if yall could let m know which part of the ecu number signifies the transmission that would be helpful.

And thx for all the input thus far. as for the other plugs i can rewire those as i get to them.

Its an obd change still, I know atleast one of the sensors in obd0 distributors has more teeth for the magnetic pickup than obd1 distributors. Its more than changing wiring around, the ecu wont read the feedback from the sensor correctly.
More than likely it wont even start.
The only engine management system that I've come across that lets you specify your parts where you could use the obd1 or 0 parts on the same ecu is aem ems.

As for the ecu, just find a obd1 p74 or pr4, it shouldn't matter.
The obd1 pr4 might use the same dizzy configuration as the obd0's, but I don't know that personally, can anyone confirm?
The reference section of this forum should have info about discerning between the manual and auto ecu's, its determined by a letter and 2 numbers if I remember correctly.

Possibly but it actually started with the original po9 ecu it just ran like shit, due to the fact that the fuel, fire, and air was different between the 1.5 & 1.8 motar which was a given i was just curious so i tried it.

Back