Ecu Mess 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid99hatch

alright, I already disconnected every plug and sensor from the motor. The engine is currently standing alone. My next step is disconnecting the drive shaft and and control arms. since the front end and radiator are missing I plan on pulling it straight forward. I have had no problems with this area. My main issue is the wiring. I checked both ecu's codes "96 del sol Ecu xxxxx-p30-xxxx" and in the "99 civic ecu xxxx-p2e-xxxx". removing the engines computer was cake. Its actually clearly marked "del sol VTEC" in magic marker. The problem lies within removing the harnesses. I wanted to find the best way to remove them without cutting. There are three plugs into the ecu along with a ground coming out of one of the plugs. I followed these wires through the fire wall but some where in the middle there is another string of wires coming out if then line. They head straight north. I tried following them but they wind up going in all directions. What are these wires? what should I do with the harnesses? I work as an auto body tech. I have plenty skills using filler, DA, paint, etc. but Im not much of an electrician. I need advise and maybe a book of wireing instructions.
Jason :(

Back