Ecu Mess

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid99hatch

Allright Im pulling an already swapped motor and re swapping it into another civic hatchback. The motor is a del sol B16a3 and it is in a wrecked 96 hatch, I need to drop it into a 99 hatch. Sounds simple but Im having difficulty with the the ecu wiring. I wanted to try disconnecting the already wired up ecu through plugs. without having to cut wires. Disconnect and connect would be cake. I cant find out where to disconnect corrrectly. Every time I think I have found the easy route The wire spiderwebs 20 feet under the dash. I need help. Where can I find the right wiring diagram if I need to start cutting. also is ther an easier way to approach this or am I making way too much work for myself :(

pull the motor with the wire harness still attached. go into the car, and in the passenger side kick panel (the right side) pull the rug, and get to the ecu. unplug the ecu. there should be 3 harnesses. the motor should now be free of the wiring from the car.

in the 99 civic, it is obd2b, and the 96 is obd2a. the motor is obd1. as you can see you have a wiring mess on your hands.

depending on how the b16a3 was swapped into the 96, you are going to have to do a conversion. I'd assume that the person used their stock 96 harness, and swapped plugs, and used a ptp ecu. but im not sure without seeing the car. pull the ecu out of the kick panel, and find the code... it will be the middle 3 characters (xxxxx - P2P - xxxxxxx) for example. once you get that, we can better guide you as to what you have to do.
HTH
and this has NOTHIGN to do with forced induction. :moved:
please use the right forums.

Back