1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu options

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by CRX_Si, Oct 6, 2003.

1. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

I have a 91 CRX Si and I would like to change my ecu to a more aggresive one. i know i can use an 89 teg ecu but i heard it will run rich. could this be corrected with a fuel pressure regulator and an air/fuel guage? what other options are there. i dont want a chip cause i cant install it myself. are there any SOHC ecus that would give me an increase in power? thanks-david

2. R.E.Developement

R.E.Developement Import King of Irvington

you can try a 90-91 integra ecu just try it. it wont blow your motor or nothing. ;)

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

head over to PGMFI.org
    the 91 PM6 is one of the major development platforms. Chipping it yourself gives you the ultimate control over your ECU. You can do a world of good or fuck it up bad. Learn, tune, enjoy.

FWIW, unless you have a LS motor in your CRX, the PR4 will run your car pig-ass rich. the 88-89 PG7 (but *not* 86-87 PG7) has been reported to give a slight performance increase in some cases, but reports vary significantly.

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I get some performance from using the pg7, but if I leave it one for more than a few days it fucks my plugs up.

If you are worried about soldering the chip in, look into www.hyperducktuning.com. If I were you I would save your money and buy a zc or a b series swap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted