ecu options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

I have a 91 CRX Si and I would like to change my ecu to a more aggresive one. i know i can use an 89 teg ecu but i heard it will run rich. could this be corrected with a fuel pressure regulator and an air/fuel guage? what other options are there. i dont want a chip cause i cant install it myself. are there any SOHC ecus that would give me an increase in power? thanks-david

head over to PGMFI.org
the 91 PM6 is one of the major development platforms. Chipping it yourself gives you the ultimate control over your ECU. You can do a world of good or fuck it up bad. Learn, tune, enjoy.

FWIW, unless you have a LS motor in your CRX, the PR4 will run your car pig-ass rich. the 88-89 PG7 (but *not* 86-87 PG7) has been reported to give a slight performance increase in some cases, but reports vary significantly.

I get some performance from using the pg7, but if I leave it one for more than a few days it fucks my plugs up.

If you are worried about soldering the chip in, look into www.hyperducktuning.com. If I were you I would save your money and buy a zc or a b series swap.

Back