ECU Problem.... help needed please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99d16z6

I finally figured out everything that was worng with my car and fixed them. Except for this. I have and OBD2 ECU from the stock automatic motor that was in my car, and it is running with and OBD1 motor. Yeah I know WTF. I am in the process of trying to find an OBD2 to OBD1 jumper for my new chipped p28 ECU. The problem is, there are two different types of OBD2 plugs. An obd2a and obd2b. Which one would i need to be compatialble with the new ECU, the A or B? The Chasis of my car is a 1999 EX. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

OBD2B is what the chassis is. I believe the big difference is an Immobilzer in a OBD2B chassis.

But for a conversion harness.....OBD2B to OBD1

Thanks I appreciate it a lot. I have another question. Im getting the new p28 ECU, and it is chipped with 2-step and vtec point. Will i need to tune the car in order for the2-step to work? Or when I plug the new ecu into the harness will it automatically be st-up and ready to go??

I believe that the chipped ecu should be plug and play so it should work right off the bat good luck tho

Thanks man I read into it a little more and thats what i see too. Plug and Play. Can't wait for it to be done.

The term plug and play is to be interpreted loosely. :)

Where VTEC engages, two-step rpm setting, fuel ratios and such will be determined by this tune that "should" be on this ECU.
Its ideal if your chipped ECU has a socket installed (a spot to externally plug in a cable to burn other tunes on the ECU via computer)
If yours is not socketed...its the tune that is on there.....no ifs, ands or buts about it (and hoping its the correct map for your motor)

And FYI its illegal in most (if not all) states to run an older motor in a newer chassis.
But, since your are putting a D16Z6 in this chassis, I figure your options are limited so make it work and do your best.

Back