ECU problems after replacing stock intake manifold with a skunk pro series for a H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

On the right track!

Well I got the car running well enough to drive thats for sure. Still gettin those codes being thrown. I posted all this on another honda forum and the guy who i bought the car off of saw it and actually called me directly! I now have the shops name who did the origional build and programming on my chipped P28 ECU. Just got off the phone with him at Auto Illusions in Toronto ON. Have a appointment for this tuesday. He beleives it to be a air to fuel ratio problem since the air flow was obviously largely increased from this modification. Fingers crossed and wish me luck... wooohooo.

Lessons We Learn

Well the car fixed and running MINT!!

I took the car to Auto Illusions pro tuning shop. Within 30 minutes they found a missing or-ing on my MAP sensor.

As well the idiots I hired to install the manifold apparently screwed me and told me they used all appropriate gaskets. this was not true. They used god damn "liquid gasket" on my throttle body!! This shit oozed into the airways on the trottle body almost completely clogging them. Once it was removed and a proper gasket was installed it ran much better.

Also I learned that mostly anybody with a H22A4 that has a P23 ECU chipped eliminates the use of the IAT sensor! (Intake air temp) As well the EGR is not used at all.

My car needed a slight tuning for air/fuel and then it was mint.

Apreciate everyones help on the forum big time.

My car:

-2000 Acura 1.6 EL with a H22A4 swap.
-P28 Chipped ECU (OBD1 jumper harness)
-Tein Full coil over super street suspension
- Eibach upper and lower rear control arms
- Moog upper front adjustable balljoints
- B & M fuel pressure regulator running at 85 PSI
- AEM Fuel Rail
- AEM upgraded injectors
- AEM V2 Cold Air intake
- High Flow fuel pump and gas lines
- Skunk2 World Series Exhaust( No Cat)
- Skunk S2 Pro series throttle body
- Skunk2 Pro series intake manifold
- DC Sports Headers & downpipe
- N Gauge Light weight fly wheel and clucth kit
- Ignite Heavy gauge spark plug harness and grounds
- Crossed drilled breaks and rotors on fronts
- Break booster swapped from a Acura Integra Type R
- Alternator swapped from a Honda Accord V6
Esthetics:

- Custom Championship white paint job
- Pearl white ceramic/powder coating on valve cover & window wiper blades and several mounts done by Afterburner Coatings Inc.
- Siobhan carbon fibre hood & trunk on actuators.
- Ricarro racing bucket seats (black with red sticthing
- White dashboard background
- Cobalt RPM gauge
- Cobalt fueal/air ratio gauge
- Eclipse 12 inch sub W/ Eclipse 1200 watt amp for sub & Pioneer 800 Watt for interiors. 2.0 Digital Capacitor
- Clarion touch screen DVD player
- IPOD direct hook up
- JDM transmission boot cover

Back