Ecu question for B-16 a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Automaiter

:lol: Hi I was wondering wich ecu would work for my 97 honda civic lx I have a

B16 a2 motor off an 99 SI. I heard a del sol of the same year would work but is

thier any other type of ecu's that will fit my fire wall connection or is thier a way

around all that?? please help ???

If you are in a state that requires emmissions testing, then get the OBD2 ecu and do it right.

If you don't care, then a chipped P28 will work fine with the OBD2-1 harness adapter.

I have stock chips for the B16 that work in the P28.

ur car is obd2a. What will fit obd2a p30 delsol 96+
p2t-g01 euro civic vti 97+ obd2a
jdm ctr 97-99 pct-013 obd2a
hope this will help.

if you decide to go OBD1, both I an HardLowrdRanger have P28s that can be setup to run B16A2s.

I've had kids come to me for ECUs because they couldn't pass emissions testing (here in Cinci, they're surpisingly strict due to Cinci being one of the most polluted areas of the country... Industrialized river VALLEY) and I've been able to help every one that had a healthy engine pass just fine.

James (HardLowrdRanger) will be able to help you customize the chip your receive more than i will be able to. If you're looking to get a chip that suits your needs very well, I can't recommend his services highly enough. Every chip he sells is customized to some degree. I refer ppl who want lots of customization done to him cause I don't wanna deal with it and he has better tools than I do.

In any case, you can PASS tailpipe testing emissions with an OBD1 ECU, but I do believe that this will cause you to FAIL California Smog. Good luck.

Passing smog in cali is easily done too, just not a referee inspection... You'll need the correct ECU for that... =)

At any rate, one of us will be able to get you setup correctly... No matter what state you're in...

James

:bash: One last more question what's the difference between p28 and p30??

sounds like a dum question but I saw 97 ecu's listed as p28 and 96's as p30's is

thier a big differnce or does anyone know??? thanx for the feed back from

everyone too :D

p28's are from sohc engines
and p30s are from dohc engines..

the p30 checks for a knock sensor and the p28 doesn't

thats the quick explanation

Back