ecu question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicls21

hey guys quick question..so i bought a 94 civic swapped with a b18b...the check engine light comes only when I start the car but not when the ignition is on position...so i checked the ecu and its running what looks like a obd1 pr4 (92-93 integra ecu)...will this be a problem and the reason for the engine light?
thanks

What are your modifications? You can check it by key or Autozone should be able to read it with a scanner for free.

stock except for the swap...well i was looking for more curious if the pr4 obd1 will cause the engine light to come on or if it will cause any problems...i just got the car two days ago...and never really got the chance to drive it far..

what code are you throwing and you should run a p28 tuned its way better

P28 would be a waste for a B18B. Your CEL always comes on when you put the key to the on position and then it goes off. If its still on, turn it off, jump the service plug under the glove box (the smaller plug and just use a paper clip to jump on side to the other) then put key back to 'on' position and it will flash like morris code. long flash = 10 short flash = 1 and just add them together to see about the CEL code. The ECU should be fine for that swap.

or try the same ecu but someone else's or a virgin ecu it could be your ecu

Back