ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

To run a jdm d15b vtec , the best ecu for that engine is a p08, that i know.

However i couldnt get hold of it, and so got a p28 stock.
Now will this work fine stock ? i heared it runs rich ..or is it just an exageration ?

Quoted post[/post]]
To run a jdm d15b vtec , the best ecu for that engine is a p08, that i know.

However i couldnt get hold of it, and so got a p28 stock.
Now will this work fine stock ? i heared it runs rich ..or is it just an exageration ?
I don't think you'll notice anything.
Running rich is the perfect opportunity to boost. :laugh:

Am running the D15B VTEC + P28 manual transm. Able to get 240 miles on one full tank in full city driving + occasional hard driving too.

Haven't tried with P08 though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Am running the D15B VTEC + P28 manual transm. Able to get 240 miles on one full tank in full city driving + occasional hard driving too.

Haven't tried with P08 though.

Seems the stock p28 is a good option for a p08 then

I am running the p08 in my 4-door d15b. Runs perfect, and I am also using one in my hatch on a b16 (chipped). I think the p28 needs a 4-wire 02, might be wrong though. If you can I would try to get a p08.

Quoted post[/post]]
I am running the p08 in my 4-door d15b. Runs perfect, and I am also using one in my hatch on a b16 (chipped). I think the p28 needs a 4-wire 02, might be wrong though. If you can I would try to get a p08.

Yep the p28 needs a 4 wire.
I tried looking for a p08 but invain. Hoever the 4 wire o2 shouldnt be a prob.

Basically my only concern is regarding the stock p28 running the d15b rich or something ... thats all.
I am gonna use uberdata in the future, but not in the immediate future.
Just wanna make sure the d15b is happy with the p28

Back