ECU QUestion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls/vtec_eg

Alright i am just finishing my Ls /vtec build
Block
Bored over.25
ctr pistons
ls rods and crank arp rod bolts
Gsr main caps and girdle and new bearings
HEAD
port polish 3 angle
skunk2 valve terrain
skunk 2 stage 2 cams
Skunk intake manifold
Jdm type R header

My question is What ECU should i use....i have a chipped P28 but do you think it will run it...I want to go get it tuned but i have to break the motor in before i can go do dyno pulls............
If you need more info just ask any advice would help thank you very much.. :eek:

before you turn it over....what kind of chip do you have? If you have a skunk2/spoon chip, dont even think about. Get crome/uberdata and change your afrs. Jeff's manual on engine tuning actually works here. Id personally give it a few weeks before you really start doing pulls on the engine, but definitely set your AFRs at 50% throttle at 14.7:1

Thats something that is key for a N/A engine.

If you start your engine with a timing advance chip you could detonate your con. rod right out of your block.

Quoted post[/post]]
before you turn it over....what kind of chip do you have? If you have a skunk2/spoon chip, dont even think about. Get crome/uberdata and change your afrs. Jeff's manual on engine tuning actually works here. Id personally give it a few weeks before you really start doing pulls on the engine, but definitely set your AFRs at 50% throttle at 14.7:1

Thats something that is key for a N/A engine.

If you start your engine with a timing advance chip you could detonate your con. rod right out of your block.
It was chipped by PYR in houston I personaly don't think it is safe to even start the car with it....And i don't have a rom burner to use crome or uberdata.....

i personally wouldnt do it. You can use Moates Ostrich to put a program on your ECU.

If your ECU is already socketed, then you can go to xenocron.com and grab a wideband and moates. also if you havent got 440s, might as well pick em up while youre there.

For an NA application. Yeah, i think 370s would work just fine. I dont think you would be taxing an LSV with that.

break in, or break? I PERSONALLY wouldnt use it. I would get the kit from xenocron and tune it the second you turn the car over.

yeah, you can use it. but dont stand on it till you get a real map for the engine. but yeah, keep it out of vtec (preferabbly under 4500 RPMs) and you should be okay.

again, id say you might be okay, but i PERSONALLY wouldnt do it.

Back