ECU questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Price it out. A conversion harness isn't cheap. Immobilizers aren't such a bad thing anyway.

ok...well...i found out it would be a lil more than i wanna spend to get a programmed ignition cylinder with all the components...soooooooooo...what im going to do is a get a JDM p13 OBD1 ecu...ill have to get a jumper/ convercion harness...so i want to make sure i get the right one...ill need an OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness right? im looking on rywire.com and see one...just wanna make sure its the right one

talked to them on the phone...they said an h22a wouldnt run properly with an accord tranny...grrrrrr....so im guessin im gonna have to get another tranny too? wonder how much that will be

ok...i found a good deal on a jdm h22a automatic tranny with LSD...so i think im gonna get that...then ill get the ecu...then my problems should definitely be solved...lol...we hope!

as tab said...time to price it out...i dont know why the accord tranny wont work. Tab did it.

yes, and yes.

I used the F22 auto tranny for the first year or so, no problems. Later on, I found a killer deal on a H22 auto tranny. The Prelude tranny had slightly shorter gears, a firmer shift, and LSD. The LSD is the best part.

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, and yes.

I used the F22 auto tranny for the first year or so, no problems. Later on, I found a killer deal on a H22 auto tranny. The Prelude tranny had slightly shorter gears, a firmer shift, and LSD. The LSD is the best part.
ok...cool...cuz im about to get an auto tranny with LSD for H22a...:wink:...so what ecu setup did you go with?

P13 Auto ECU and Accord TCU. I still suggest that you get the H22 TCU for the Prelude transmission, or even if you have the Accord transmission, because the TCU controls the shift points, not how the transmission functions.

Accord and Prelude transmissions(auto) look and function the same, with the same wiring. The Prelude tranny is just a bit more performance oriented.

Back