ECU Reflash An Odyssey? (F22B2)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

I know this is the accord section, but the 1st Gen Odysseys used the F22B2, so it's pretty much an accord question. Basically, my parents want to get better mileage out of their 96 Odyssey which, despite all maintenance being done, only gets 14mpg, despite its 20/24 rating, and they drive it like an old woman. So, I know you can chip/reflash F22's, but I've googled it and I can't find specifically which chip goes in the b2, and whether it works with automatic transmissions (like the odyssey has). Does anyone know about Odyssey reflashing, or at least b2 chipping/reflashing?

What exactly do you mean when you say all maintenance has been done? Has it had plugs and wires recently? Air filter? Fuel filter? I'd check that stuff before messing with the ECU. Also, has the ECU been reset recently? You could look into that as well.

Generally people chip Hondas with the intention of getting better performance, sometimes at the expense of gas mileage, so I'm honestly not sure where you'd even begin trying to find base maps or tuners that could do this for you...

My parent's '96 Odyssey is getting bad gas milage right now too. I'm gonna try new spark plugs first, as it's well over due.

Love those 1st gen Odyssey's fo sho! :D

What in the world do you expect to accomplish with an "ECU Reflash"? IMO, bad idea. Get it a cold air intake if you've already done the regular maintence stuff. Maybe it needs a trans flush?

Last edited:
Back