ECU RESET

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

some people say start car, get up to norm temp.,turn of,turn on and don't touch any pedals or any thing.other people say just turn it on and let it get to norm. temp without touching anything. who is right? just got my new rex want to do everything by the book B) thanx

I've always removed the battery then let it sit for 10 or so mins to make sure it reset unless youre running hondata I don't believe any buttons or pedals will do anything for changing/resetting anything

Jeff

:rolleyes: here we go again :D fuck it I'll try both ways.Thanks

lol i reset mine like 10 times a day. no, j/k. heres my version:

i drive around a little to get the engine warmed up, then i disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then start it up with all lights & switches off...let it idle for a few minutes, then start driving.

you might also want to check/adjust your idle speed and timing, since it seems you want to get it tuned.

yah, I just bought this white 90 rex dx. this thing is fookin clean! the engine has a few leaks but that can be easily taken care of,I njust want to do shit right on this car.

wow that sounds just like mine! :D 'cept mine's an 89

just in case u dont know this already, there is a plug you have to disconnect when you reset your idle, and there are two wires you have to jump when you set the timing. just dont want you to do the same mistakes i did :)

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jul 13 2003, 01:33 PM
After dissconnecting your battery for 5 to 10 min. start your car and let it idle for about 5 min WITHOUT touching pedals or steering.

what would touching the steering have to do with anything as far as the ECU is concerned?

remove neg battery.
turn on lights - will kill any current left in system
turn off lights
replace battery.
done.

there is no time or magic touching of pedals

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2003, 01:57 PM
remove neg battery.
turn off lights
replace battery.
done.

dam i never knew about turning the lights on and off. :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2003, 01:57 PM
remove neg battery.
turn off lights
replace battery.
done.

:withstupid: :werd:

when you pull the neg return, and flip the lights, it drains the system of any left over elextrical charge. there is no current left to see the ecu fuse, and thus it turns it "off"

Back