ECU swap q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

good evening. I have a 90 civ 4dr with header and free flowing intake. I plan on doing the LSvtec swap at a later date. (This particular D15 just runs to darn good to change now)
My question is what ECU is there that I can substitute for now that won't ruin mileage greatly (getting around 38) but give a little more hp?

And, I found a 91EX with all the tpi intact but it's an auto.
Would I be able to swap the tpi D16A6 intake/harness to my TB and use the D16 ecu or would it throw a code since mine is manual?

Thanks. E

PM7automanualconv-1-1.jpg

buy it and make it a 5 speed yourself... its easy to do...

Last edited:
So what ecu do i do this to? The one that's in the 91 d16a6 auto? (ECU name_p___?)
And at the top, do I desolder those 3 connections? And jumping that part makes it a manual?

And how does this help me/my situation? More power? Better ignition curve? fuel maps?

Sorry for the q's but i don't have the time for trial and mostly error..
E

that is the si ecu pm6 all hes showing u is how to make it a 5speed ecu. but u cannot use this computer untill you swap from dpfi to mpfi but yes all that should wake that poor old d15 right up

Wonderful! Thanks I'll be wrenchin this weekend to get that a6intake/harness and hopefully that pm6
E

Back