ecu swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96gsr_slut

i have swapped out my stock p72 to a j-spec gsr ecu it seems to have more power and vtec kicks in a little bit sooner...but the new ecu has a govenor and shuts the car down at 128mph:( is there any way i can bi pass this??? please help

i have swapped out my stock p72 to a j-spec gsr ecu it seems to have more power and vtec kicks in a little bit sooner...but the new ecu has a govenor and shuts the car down at 128mph:( is there any way i can bi pass this??? please help
yea just chip it

well if you dont have a local shop im sure ebay has them, but im realy not sure because i have a local shop that has them, but there not that high

i cant remember the excact #s but it is from a japan gsr more than likely a p72

uggh that is a problem ill look some more

obd2 ecus cannot be chipped (easily).

your best bet is to run an obd2a->1 conversion harness and get a usdm p72 obd1 ecu. That can be easily socketed.

And stay away from from generic programs like that "mugen" chip.

you will lose power with it, because it will make you run stupid rich.... like 9:1 AFR's.

best bet is to see a local tuner and have him build you a custom program with a street tune and wide band in the car.

Yep

DO NOT USE GENERIC AND DO NOT EVEN TRY TO RUN UR CAR TO 10k i can gurantee it will spit a rod or crack a piston. The best ive found is skunk2.

Back