ECU Tester/Software Dignostics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmnation

I'm a developer and in my honda in most honda's there is dignostics port which you can change setting fine the error code and get ECU information for all the senseros for example you can buy a Tools that tell you all this information for MAG Tools but i want to hook this information into my laptop I seen they are out there but cost lost of money ... so i want to write a my own software the mostly be opensource. And give it alway for free.

I want to known if anybody known where i can get information on the cable i have to make and to plug into my com port and also what type of setting in need and want single i have to send to recive information.

Any body can help????

Originally posted by radnulb@Jul 30 2004, 03:37 PM
look on sourceforge.net for a place to start.
[post=370449]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks. but i'm more looking for information how what type of cable i need and the pin layout because with out the cable their is not way of talking to the ECU and also i looking for Informtation on the commands to use to talk to the ECU or could be like Memory Map and what type of chip they are using...

its a great idea... but unfortuantely, the diag. port is only for obd2 cars. pre 96, its useless.

90% of the people into performance are runnign obd 1 ecu's....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 31 2004, 11:28 PM
its a great idea... but unfortuantely, the diag. port is only for obd2 cars. pre 96, its useless.

90% of the people into performance are runnign obd 1 ecu's....
[post=370953]Quoted post[/post]​

True that but it still can be done becuase those obd1 guys will need to make adapter.

My Self I have 2000 car so i will take advanage of obd2 but i need to find out how it all works...

even with an adapter... all the obd2 functions of emissions and what not controls are simply not part of obd1 electronics or ecu's

however, the DIAG port on OBD1 cars is simply a half duplex serial interface to the serial port on the microcontroller. One of my homefries from PGMFI has a palm-based datalogger that supports full datalogging via stock DIAG port. If you want to learn more about it, disassemble a stock OBD1 ROM and pick apart the serial interrupt handler.

Back