ecu trace repair........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projekteg

not sure if anyone here will know, i posted on pgmfi also, but figured i'd try you guys as well. i'm repairing/repaired this obd1 pr3, but can't figure out where one of the traces goes without removing ic9, which i'd rather not do if i don't have to. i goes from pin 5 of rm3 to pin 18 of ic4, then appears to continue from pin 18 of ic4 to maybe pin 18 of of ic9, but i'm not positive, any help would be much appreciated. on another note, before any repairs (as is in pic), the car ran fine off of the stock rom, but the cel would not function at all, now i havel all of the traces repaired except for the ic9 to ic4 trace, and the car runs fine and cel functions properly with external rom also, the only thing i've noticed is a low cold idle, but that could be from something else in the .bin as well. tia.

tracerepair.jpg

On this burned 11FO board, I cut off IC9 and it goes from pin 8 on IC4 to pin 14 on IC9. The trace is underneath a white silk screened line under IC9 FYI. I am numbering the pins the same way everything else on that board is numbered, look at IC1 for reference. Good luck, I hate repairing those tiny traces.....

I repair ecu's all the time from bad solder jobs...

My suggestion is to remove the IC9 and trace it for sure. Then you can clean up all the junk that is below and don't have to worry about a short.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 15 2004, 07:12 PM
On this burned 11FO board, I cut off IC9 and it goes from pin 8 on IC4 to pin 14 on IC9. The trace is underneath a white silk screened line under IC9 FYI. I am numbering the pins the same way everything else on that board is numbered, look at IC1 for reference. Good luck, I hate repairing those tiny traces.....
[post=432783]Quoted post[/post]​

you're very right, thanks

Back