1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU Tuning

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by CiViC>ALL, Jan 31, 2008.

Have you Tuned Your ECU?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. CiViC>ALL

CiViC>ALL New Member

How many people running a boosted setup have tuned there ECU? I am planning on rebuilding my motor for 11 psi, (tuner toy rods, 8.5:1 low comp Vitara Pistons, new head gasket, ARP Headstuds) and didn't know if it was necessary to reprogram it. Thanks

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Ummm...I seriously hope the results of the poll are 100% yes. Everyone who's running boost on a Honda should have gotten their ECU tuned. Hondas don't come with turbo from the factory, so therefore no stock Honda ECU is ever going to be an appropriate solution when you add forced induction into the mix.

You can tune for turbo with a piggyback, but it's not suggested at all.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. CiViC>ALL

CiViC>ALL New Member

I am planning on tuning it but i was always curious what you can do without it. I'm planning on 250-300 hp to get a step above the d16s with stock internals.

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

ouch...you should not tune your own ecu unless you are experienced or no what you are doing...and stock d's hold up to about 200hp,,but they are def. fail at 230
    so anywhere between is iffy

5. CiViC>ALL

CiViC>ALL New Member

I'm planning on building the internals before seeing any power like 250-300. I may be a noob, but i know a couple things.

6. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I've tuned an ecu, but I don't use it, because the maps aren't quite right yet.

I'm really annoyed that noone has ever mapped out a D14. Oh well, I guess I'm the first.

7. CiViC>ALL

CiViC>ALL New Member

Ok Blanco got it, but i have looked at CromeFree a lot and don't really have a grasp on where i should put everything. I understand its different in every car but where do i start?

8. CiViC>ALL

CiViC>ALL New Member

ok thanks Blanco

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted