ECU Tuning

Have you Tuned Your ECU?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC>ALL

How many people running a boosted setup have tuned there ECU? I am planning on rebuilding my motor for 11 psi, (tuner toy rods, 8.5:1 low comp Vitara Pistons, new head gasket, ARP Headstuds) and didn't know if it was necessary to reprogram it. Thanks

Ummm...I seriously hope the results of the poll are 100% yes. Everyone who's running boost on a Honda should have gotten their ECU tuned. Hondas don't come with turbo from the factory, so therefore no stock Honda ECU is ever going to be an appropriate solution when you add forced induction into the mix.

You can tune for turbo with a piggyback, but it's not suggested at all.

Last edited:
I am planning on tuning it but i was always curious what you can do without it. I'm planning on 250-300 hp to get a step above the d16s with stock internals.

ouch...you should not tune your own ecu unless you are experienced or no what you are doing...and stock d's hold up to about 200hp,,but they are def. fail at 230
so anywhere between is iffy

I'm planning on building the internals before seeing any power like 250-300. I may be a noob, but i know a couple things.

I've tuned an ecu, but I don't use it, because the maps aren't quite right yet.

I'm really annoyed that noone has ever mapped out a D14. Oh well, I guess I'm the first.

Ok Blanco got it, but i have looked at CromeFree a lot and don't really have a grasp on where i should put everything. I understand its different in every car but where do i start?

Back