1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu tuning ???

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by FLounder, Jul 1, 2008.

1. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

ive searched and ive read about 100 threads about ecus and chips and its still a little fuzzy for me..... could someone explain what is needed in order to have a ecu tuned on a dyno? what i gather from reading all these threads is that you can have a ecu chipped, and that it will be a set program, or that you can have it socketed in order to be programmed by something like hondata or chrome. is this correct? i wish someone knowledgeable on the subject could give a full explanation on the proper way to get the most performance and reliability with a modified computer. basically the ins and outs of tuning options. i think this would help more than just me. thanks

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

ok you need to have the computer chipped and socketed..
    you can send it to xenocron and they will do everythuing(even basemap) then you can go get tuned

3. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Where are you located?

4. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

im located in south florida... palm beach area.

so is that what hondata is? where the ecu is socketed and you plug into that?

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

hondata is a software used to tune the ecu. So is Crome, neptune, uberdata etc....

The socket is just a place to stick a chip or emulator. It removes the chip with your ecu's program and leaves you a place to stick a custom chip.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Crome is similar to Hondata, except that it's available for free, so that's a good way to go in my opinion. Or, you can pay a little bit and get a premium version of it...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted