1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu tuning ??

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mathondamn, Jul 10, 2004.

1. mathondamn

mathondamn Member

can i alter my fuel and ignition curves enuph with a greddy e-manage or shuld i keep saving for a stand alone like hondata or the aem

right now im running a h22a in a delsol off the stock p28 ive looked into custom chipping the p28 to run the h22 but the only place i found that was reasonable was in canada hyperducktuning.com i would like to chip the ecu with a custom program and run a piggyback system for further tuning abilty or would the emanage be enuph till i have more cash for the stand alone units

does anybody know of some one that can chip or program my ecu

2. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Chip the P28 and run whetever fuel/spark/revlimits/VTEC you want too.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

I'm chipping a P28 right now. It's not very hard. For a few more bucks, you can set up your ECU for datalogging. Just hook up a laptop :)

PGMFI.org has all the info. You'll need a desoldering iron, and some small parts from radio shack.

4. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

I have all the desoldering and soldering equipment if anyone needs the soldering portion of the job done, I can do it pretty cheap for board members.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

Do you have any closeups of datalogging equipment on a P28? There are instructions on pgmfi.org, but the picture would help a lot. I'd like to see where the cable is actually soldered onto the board. The chipping has been fairly simple so far.

Also, can ANYTHING be done with my old P13? I know it's not supported for Hondata, but I wouldn't feel right selling it to someone else since I'm not sure about the knock board being fully functional. Can I set it up for chipping later?

[/threadjack]

6. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

You can chip the P13 pretty easily.. it's even easier than the P28. I had done mine but sold it after I got the P28 running.

I also want to get the datalogging going on the P28 and also real time programming. Just have to wait for my programmer to come back :(

7. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Basicaly, it is just an RS232 adaptor that connects to the unused 4 pin header on the board. I am not at home now but at some point I will post a pic of it. It is fairly straightforward, aside from the coding end of it.

8. tab

tab Super Moderator

I'll be your friend for at least a week if you do that. :lol:

9. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

look on PGMFI and the uberdata board. I use a $6 USB phone cable from ebay with the end cut off for datalogging.

10. tab

tab Super Moderator

I looked at the pics :) What I was hoping for was a little closer view of the attaching points inside the ECU. I definitely want to be set up for datalogging, to be ready for a later date. :D I think I will be turboed sometime next year.

11. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

12. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Just so you know, you will have to use specific datalogging ROM to make it work. As for the attachment points, they are pre-soldered pads. They need to be de-soldered then a 4 pin connector soldered on or the wires soldered right on to the board.

13. tab

tab Super Moderator

yeah, I saw the diagram on pgmfi.org I also saw a pic of a cable coming out of the ECU. What I am unsure of is which wire goes to what pad. There are five soldering points, four wires, and a mulititude of combinations that could be used. I want the right combination, and didn't understand what was on pgmfi.

As for the ROM. Don't you burn a chip with the program to enable datalogging? I plan on buying an Eprom burner.

14. ohmstable

ohmstable Senior Member

Go to www.ecucontrol.com

You'll learn all you need to for datalogging
    As for the datalogging ROMs, they have already made ROMs with datalogging enabled.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted