1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu tuningvfor boost

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by rex187, Aug 24, 2005.

1. rex187

rex187 Member

alright heres the deal im turboing my rex. i hear that i need to upgrade the ecu for the turbo but i dont know what i need to do to have to ecu tuned and what program to go with. dose anyone know of what i need to do? i have heard about hondata and ubredata. but hondata dosnt support my ecu anymore so thats out of the question and uberdata i dont know much about it. i just need to know of a good ecu tuning program that isnt to costly and user friendly. one more thing will the stock ecu suport boost with fmu and map check. i dont think it would but i just thought i would ask.

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

the stock ecu doesn't SUPPORT boost with an fmu and missing link...

the missing link is to trick the ecu into not seeing positive pressure in the intake manifold, and the fmu is used to increase the fuel so you don't blow up the motor...

you need to get your ecu socketed and then pick one of the tuning programs that support OBD0

i think crome runs on OBD0 ecu's...

you'll also need a way to burn your own chips to put in your newly socketed ecu...

or you can get a base map and then get it tuned professionally...

fmu and map check should be considered a hack...
    they will allow you to run boost, but its not very safe for the motor and you are definately not getting all the HP that can be had...

3. rex187

rex187 Member

ok so let me understand this i can keep my stock ecu but just chip it. what is crome and how would i get ahold of it? also i was wondering if i could just swap the pr3 with the p30 and get the hondata s200 system. would that work for the boost on the ecu?

4. b16coupe

b16coupe Senior Member

i'm pretty sure you can use turboedit on the pr3. Check out pgmfi.org.

5. rex187

rex187 Member

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yup. turbo edit is what you want to use on the pr3.

the OLD version of hondata works on pr3's... the stage 1/2/3/4 systems.

i'm not sure what motor you have in there though... pm6 for your d-series, pr3 for your b

7. formby

formby learning in progress

BRE is also a good program.

..if you use turbo edit, buy an osrtrish from moats.net....it allows for changes an the fly and eliminates the chip.....when you visit pgmfi.org, go to the turbo edit forum and read away....good luck

8. chance

chance Member

megasquirt works with every ecu in the world.... its completely tuneable off a pc or laptop and the tuning possabilities are endless literaly, and extreemly user friendly

its pretty new so if you search hard enough you can find people how can write codes for you to do anything you want megasquirt can even controll ignition you just need to modify your trigger switch but that as much as i kno so if your iterested do some searching

and the best part is that you can find it on ebay or on line other places from 200 - 300 dollars

9. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

megasquirt is a standalone. it doesn't work with the ecu, it replaces it.

10. chance

chance Member

no not really you can use as a full stnadalone or piggyback you can use your stock ecu to say power your ac windows and other shit like that and cut off the signal for fuel and spark and ish like that :D

11. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

yup megasquirt doesnt control interior functions. and you need MS with spark to use it as a full standalone.

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

having played with megasquirt, i hope to god i never have to tune a car with it.

horrible interface.

13. formby

formby learning in progress

i say stick with TE

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted