Ecu Wiring Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

da93soul

i have a del sol S model, and the ECU is a P06 and im swapping with a SiR II motor with a PWO ECU and i wanted to know if there is an after market wiring harness adapter to covert or would i need to get a whole new wiring harness?

Originally posted by da93soul@Jun 10 2003, 03:02 PM
i have a del sol S model, and the ECU is a P06 and im swapping with a SiR II motor with a PWO ECU and i wanted to know if there is an after market wiring harness adapter to covert or would i need to get a whole new wiring harness?

Ok, first off. You do NOT want to try and run a OBD0 engine/ecu on a OBD1 car. It will cost you a LOT of money to do so, and there are ZERO benefits to doing so.

Second, if your P06 is a auto trans, I can convert it to DOHC VTEC specs, for a fee of course.

im going with the B16 SiR II motor but wsnted to know if i can keep the same harness that was on my del sol but use a harness adapter to connect the old harness onto the PWO ECU and my car is a 5spd.

if youre running the sir2, why did you get an sir1 ecu? not only will it not work right with the motor, it won't work right with your car. put that shit up on ebay, and find your self a chipped p28, or a p30. no harness adatpater is necessary

Originally posted by da93soul@Jun 11 2003, 12:03 AM
im going with the B16 SiR II motor but wsnted to know if i can keep the same harness that was on my del sol but use a harness adapter to connect the old harness onto the PWO ECU and my car is a 5spd.

Ok, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Why in the world would you want to use a OBD0 PW0 ecu? At the very minimum a chipped P28, or like I said, I can convert your p06 if it's an auto (some manuals too, PM me for more info) or the best option is to find a USDM P30 ecu.

If the engine came from a delSol, then it's plug and play. If not, and it came from a 99-00 si, then find a 96-99 GSR engine harness, and it's plug and play.

the Motor was pulled from my cousins car and he had a 89 hatchback, thats why its a SiR I ECU but the motor, i was told it came of a del sol in japan. So would the P28 or P30 plug right in to my existing harness and would my existing harness plug correctly up onto the motor? thanks for clearing things up guys. It's my first time doing a swap.

chances are, he had to convert it to run in his obd0 car. the motor and your car are both obd1.

basically, you need to find out what was done to the motor, or ifyou bud did a compete obd1 conversion.
and for the tranny, the sol tranny wouldn't bolt into his car. different mount location, and different style of clutch actuation.

for a first swap, you are getting your self into a butt load of problems

yeah im feeling the load of problems up to my neck. i was just planning to just get the P30 ECU but i heard that my existing harness doesnt have the map sensor or the Vtec senor or the Vtec solenoid plugs. Is there a way to handle this problem or would i need a whole new harness and a new P30 ecu.im also getting a B-series hydraulic tranny, cause the one that came with is was a cable. Im planning on getting the ECU but not sure about the harness, thats whats giving me most of the problem.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 12 2003, 12:57 PM
for a first swap, you are getting your self into a butt load of problems

This is the ultimate understatement of the year.

Listen da93soul - Not to be rude, but I think you need to do some research first. There are too many un-asked questions and even more un-answered ones. Learn which engines are which, what mods you need to do to your Sol S, and what parts you're going to need for your swap. This thread would go on for weeks or months, us telling you every little part you need, and explaining the differences.

Find out exactly what engine you are getting and go from there. Stop worrying about the little things, get the whole picture first.

Back