ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MONKEYPD305

I HAVE A 98 CIVIC DX (OBD2) I AM SWAPPING A B16 SIR2 (OBD1) INTO IT. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WIRE VTEC AND I NEED TO KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS KITS THAT CONVERT OBD2 TO OBD1 FROM ECU TO CAR WORK

PLEASE HELP A FELLOW GEAR HEAD

ALSO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS SWAP ID LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE OR SOMETHING

THANKS

capslock.jpg

You need to get the respective OBD II parts, distributor, injectors, etc...also check your local laws, an older motor in a newer car is illegal in most places, and you will not be able to get it smogged.

Originally posted by MONKEYPD305@Jun 29 2003, 01:23 AM
I HAVE A 98 CIVIC DX (OBD2) I AM SWAPPING A B16 SIR2 (OBD1) INTO IT. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WIRE VTEC AND I NEED TO KNOW IF THE WIRING HARNESS KITS THAT CONVERT OBD2 TO OBD1 FROM ECU TO CAR WORK

PLEASE HELP A FELLOW GEAR HEAD

ALSO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS SWAP ID LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE OR SOMETHING

THANKS

Since you failed to mention where you are from, I'll start with the basics.

1- If you are in a state that requires emmissions testing, sell the OBD1 SIR2 and buy a 99-00 Si engine. Then do the conversion, it will be MUCH easier, and less costly.

2- If you are in a state that does not require emmissions testing, all you need is a OBD2-1 adapter harness, and to wire up the respected parts.

3- To wire up the right parts in the right places, you will need to consult the 96-97 delSol HELM manual. OR, find someone who has done the swap before, and have them help you.

Back