1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu's

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by joe654891, Apr 24, 2003.

1. joe654891

joe654891 Member

Hello all,

I'm new to the honda world and I was wondering if anyone can answer me this...

...what ECUs can I use with my 94 gsr swap? I know I can use an OBD1 P72 (vtec) but I don't have one and it is very hard to find one that's for sale (and when I do find one, it costs a "grip"). So what's a good alternative? SOrry if this question has been asked before but I tried to use the "search function" but it would not let me do a seach on the word "ECU". Thanks for any help anyone can give me...

~joe

2. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

If you plan on using the stock intake manifold, you are stuck using the P72 ecu.

If you convert it over to a Skunk2 single runner manifold, then you can use a P28 or P30, but you'll need to get it chipped to 1.8l DOHC VTEC specs at the very least.

I will have a stock GSR ecu coming in soon, just waiting for them to ship it to me. PM me if you're interested, I'll be selling it for $275.

3. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

maybe a 94 GSR ECU... Jeez im not sure though

4. joe654891

joe654891 Member

I'm not sure if you're being a "smart-ass" with this comment but if you are, it is most certainly not needed nor is it appreciated. If you read my post, I aknowledged the fact that I am aware that you can use a 94 GSR ECU. What do you think an OBD1 p72 (vtec) ecu is? Anyway, thanks...

~joe

5. legutki

legutki Senior Member

You could also make your engine obd0 and use a pr3. But you have to get b16a injectors and distr along with skunk2 type intake manifold.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted