Ecu's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joe654891

Hello all,

I'm new to the honda world and I was wondering if anyone can answer me this...

...what ECUs can I use with my 94 gsr swap? I know I can use an OBD1 P72 (vtec) but I don't have one and it is very hard to find one that's for sale (and when I do find one, it costs a "grip"). So what's a good alternative? SOrry if this question has been asked before but I tried to use the "search function" but it would not let me do a seach on the word "ECU". Thanks for any help anyone can give me...

~joe

If you plan on using the stock intake manifold, you are stuck using the P72 ecu.

If you convert it over to a Skunk2 single runner manifold, then you can use a P28 or P30, but you'll need to get it chipped to 1.8l DOHC VTEC specs at the very least.

I will have a stock GSR ecu coming in soon, just waiting for them to ship it to me. PM me if you're interested, I'll be selling it for $275.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 24 2003, 10:17 PM
maybe a 94 GSR ECU... Jeez im not sure though

I'm not sure if you're being a "smart-ass" with this comment but if you are, it is most certainly not needed nor is it appreciated. If you read my post, I aknowledged the fact that I am aware that you can use a 94 GSR ECU. What do you think an OBD1 p72 (vtec) ecu is? Anyway, thanks...

~joe

You could also make your engine obd0 and use a pr3. But you have to get b16a injectors and distr along with skunk2 type intake manifold.

Back