1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ED6 B16A Big Vtec with OBD0 PR3 ECU

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by xev, Apr 20, 2010.

1. xev

xev New Member

Hi all, I'm newbie here..this is my 1st post, sorry for my bad english..

I wanna ask something about my car..
    I got ED6 and swapped with jdm B16 2nd gen engine
    Ecu pr3 auto obd0, gearbox S1 (cable), header got 2 o2 sensor, OBD0 distributor (and I think all this is from 1st gen b16a)

my engine dont have vtec oil pressure switch (so, i jump directly to vtec solenoid)
    and now vtec kickin.. and i move the jumper from R68 to R67 on my ecu to get vtec kickin around 5000~8000 rpm..better than before, around 4500~7500 rpm..

The question is, do i need to convert/swap to ecu obd1 because I'm using 2nd gen B16a? or it's doesnt matter?

What is pro and con using OBD0 ecu/wiring harness to OBD1 engine..and how about performance? and hp I gain? 1st gen or 2nd gen B16a horsepower?

I'm not into race event, just want my car running fine and i still can take mild modification.. for a few hp..

btw, I also got CEL errorcode 8.. TDC sensor.. but its occur sometimes only..and sometimes no CEL..do i need to replace my distributor or just do cleanin on my dizzy? Thanks...

Need to learn more.. thank you very much.. ^^

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted