ED6 Hatch Drop-In

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What do you mean drops in? I dont think the 86-89 Integra engine does... B series sure as hell don't. At least not with out a Mount Kit.

I should have been more clear... I have an 89 hatch with an HF tranny (43 mph in 1st gear). I want more power, but 3 kids limit my options somewhat severely. I was almost positive that an 86-89 Integra motor would drop in using stock Civic tranny mounts and the Integra engine mount. Have I been misled?

just buy a mount kit for a b-series engine and 89 is not 4th gen

OK... I think I have it figured out, thanks to HondaSwap's Reference Section. I have a D15B2 (4th gen DX motor) mated to a 4th gen HF tranny. I know I make less than the 92 horses that it's rated for, due in part to the tranny. What I would like to do, after doing some simple research, is put a D16A8 or 9 in it, but something tells me that they are hard to find. I think I will have to settle for a D16A3. Which leads me back to the beginning:

Will a D16A3 drop in to a 4th gen body without modification?

Just get a JDM ZC. Its only $400-$500 and you'll get between 120-130 hp. They're also good engine's for boost...and so is that HF tranny.

You have got to be kidding me. The HF tranny good for boost?!? That damned tranny is geared sky-high. I can do 43 in 1st, 92 in 2nd, and drag takes over before I can wind it out in 3rd! I honestly don't believe that the HF tranny is good for anything other than saving at the pump (I average 38.7 mpg).

However, a ZC sounds feasible.

this is from the swap info section on this site.
The 88-91 Civic style ZC is a direct bolt in to the 88-91 Civics and CRXs. You can bolt the ZC to the stock transmission easily too. You just need to make sure you have the right clutch and flywheel combo. The easy way is to match the pair to what ever year tranny you use. Electrically the ZC is identical to the Si with the exception of the distributor wiring.

Its good BECAUSE of its long gearing. If you have 300hp boosted ZC, an HF tranny is a good thing.

...altho I'm not even sure those exist :ph34r:

Back