Edelbrock performer turbo for D16Y8....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stolen2000civic

I have a 2000 EX and I'm looking at turboing or supercharging it. Does anyone have any experience with the edlebrock kit? It runs about $3500... a little spendy. I am also looking at a motor swap, but a rebuilt B16A2 is going to be some change when it's all said and done. I've got a wedding coming in about nine months, so I gotta save some money for that too.... stupid weddings.

Originally posted by calvin@Jul 7 2003, 06:20 AM
then cancel the wedding and marry your civic

:lol:
he's got a point. cars = more money than a girl
its like dating two chicks and going behind the others back :) you gotta pick one. lol

The Edelbrock kit is good for a basic street setup and if you arent really planning to go all out on the motor in the future. The kit doesnt have a big turbo like the DRAG and REV HARD kits do. The Edelbrock turbo kit was pretty much made for the average guy who wants a turbo setup on their sohc and is concerned with Emissions legal issues.

If you want something that has a better potential for more boost and adjustability for your situation, I'd get a REV HARD or DRAG kit. Those kits are easier to upgrade certain parts and mix and max parts with.

The Edelbrock is a bit pricey and we do sell it pretty close to that price above.
The REV HARD kits are about $2900
The DRAG Turbo kits are about $2750

Congrats on the wedding. :)

Why do you guys with D series always feel the need to buy a turbo kit thats almost $3,000 and the one thats isn't from greddy barely gives you anything. Dude you want t a turbo but don't want to spend alot of $$$. www.homemadeturbo.com here's a good site. Just go " Junkyard " I built and made my own turbo kit for my ZC and I spent under $1,000 and was using a WRX turbo which was almost brand new. I was spanking guys that spend $2,000 more on their turbo kit for what. They are all crap and not worth the money for just a D series motor Maybe if I had a insane B series motor and though it was worht it but not for a stock D series. You motor. And just say when you put the kit on and the motor blows up like two weeks later. You spent all that money for just the kit and now can't buy a new motor. I would have never though to go " Junkyard set-up " but I will now swear by it.

Back