Edelbrock Shifter Install....PICS!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,
I recently picked up the new Edelbrock short shifter and shift knob from their new sport compact line of products. I asked a few days ago if anyone had used it, and nobody had. So I am going to install it, and let you know how the installation is and how it feels overall when I'm finished.
Here are some pics of the item brand new.

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40ca31b8b4be0.jpg

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40ca31d50c37b.jpg

More to come soon.

Ryan.

Well, I am in Canada, so in terms of US pricing I'm not really sure. But including shift knob and 7% tax it cost me $140 CDN.

Well, I just finished installing the Edelbrock shifter and here is how it went:

Installation was pretty much as expected. It's a totally cramped area to work in with the exhaust piping and cat right beside the shift linkage, so it was a bitch. Not to mention my car is completely tar undercoated so that made things messy. It was just as easy to install as any other shifter so no surprizes there.

After everything was said and done, I took the car for a rip. The results are AMAZING!!!! This thing blows the DC shifter out of the freeking water. Better and more solid feel than the Skunk 2 dual bend, and better than the B+M. In short this has to be the best shifter I have ever used. Shifts are smooth and predictable, and very very short. The height of the unit is just right for daily driving and drag racing, but could be a bit closer to the wheel for autoX. The shift knob skrews in very tight and has no play whatsoever. Fifth gear, which was a big problem with my e-bay shifter, is just like the 2nd to 3rd shift. The unit is made from solid brushed and polished aluminum, but has about double the weight of the e-bay shifters. You can really tell this when you shift.....feels really solid. The shift knob reminds me of the ITR shift knob so it is comfortable and easy to use.

Over all this shifter is FREEKIN AWESOME. I'm totally happy with it and would reccomend it to anyone. Cost considerably less than some of the other brand name shifters, but when it comes to function, totally blows them away.

10 out of 10.

Pics to come tomorrow. Me sleep now.

Later.

Back