Edelbrocks NEW Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

hey guys , i was looking in my new supestreet last night and saw edelbrocks Drag turbo kit for the D16z6 ---- 283WHP------ at 20psi. Sry if someone posted this or if this is old but i just saw it and Damn. Definatly something to look into in the near future for all of the Dseries people

Jesus fucking christ... 20psi? On a D-series engine? :yuck:

Open Track Turbo Kits
Designed for competition, these new Open Track Turbo Kits can be configured for high-boost applications using the engine management system of your choice. They include the same hardware as Performer X turbo kits, but do not include the ECU and the secondary injector bosses in the manifold are not drilled. Match with a programmable competition engine management system. Using components such as 8.5:1 pistons, aftermarket connecting rods, modified heads and performance cams, power levels of 240-250 hp (crankshaft) are possible @ 15-18 psi boost.

Yeah, just bolt the turbo kit on your stock z6, put 18 psi through the motor and we'll see if you can really make 240 hp off the bat. That quote came right off of edelbrock.com. You gotta build your motor but the ability to make the power requires a bit more of a build.

I just can't wait for part # 1501 to become available. :D

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 14 2004, 10:56 AM
Open Track Turbo Kits
Designed for competition, these new Open Track Turbo Kits can be configured for high-boost applications using the engine management system of your choice. They include the same hardware as Performer X turbo kits, but do not include the ECU and the secondary injector bosses in the manifold are not drilled. Match with a programmable competition engine management system. Using components such as 8.5:1 pistons, aftermarket connecting rods, modified heads and performance cams, power levels of 240-250 hp (crankshaft) are possible @ 15-18 psi boost.

Yeah, just bolt the turbo kit on your stock z6, put 18 psi through the motor and we'll see if you can really make 240 hp off the bat. That quote came right off of edelbrock.com. You gotta build your motor but the ability to make the power requires a bit more of a build.

I just can't wait for part # 1501 to become available. :D

Holy shit, your reading comprehension sucks.

huh? are you talking to me??

If you are, the first sentence after quoting that was SARCASM, maybe I should have put a :roll: after it so you could get the jist of it this early in the morning.

The last sentence about building the motor was after reading and comprehending the quote...even though I can't even comprehend what I wrote...pleh.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 14 2004, 09:34 AM
huh? are you talking to me??

Nah, I think he was referring to the guy who started this thread, who thought he could just slap a boost kit on his internally-stock D-series and turn up the boost controller to 20 psi.

I don't think anyone who knew anything about turbos or motors would crank the boost up to 20 psi, regardless of what shock block it was. 20 psi is stupid for a stock block, even a 2jzgte.

if i had a d-series, id run an sc61 at 27psi on it.

and more so, ot give 1/4 of a shit when it blew up. pu in a new z6 block for 150 bucks. fuck internals on a d-eries

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 14 2004, 07:58 PM
if i had a d-series, id run an sc61 at 27psi on it.

and more so, ot give 1/4 of a shit when it blew up. pu in a new z6 block for 150 bucks. fuck internals on a d-eries

Hrmmmmm...

Don't give me any ideas :)

People have D series blocks and heads just laying around now, if you looked hard enough, you could probably get one for free + shipping.

Back